Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have had some problems with my 55w HIDs from DDM too. The drivers side low beam would frequently go out while I was driving, but flipping the switch would re light it. I got new bulbs and ballasts and still had the same problem. A friend with an altima is having the same issue.

Certified Dirty Old Man CMNTMXR57's Avatar
    With that 55W kit, did you get the relay harness?

Otherwise, I wonder if you have a loose connection. Being as though these HID kits are polarity sensitive, and the wiring on the car, for Halogen, it doesn't matter, if you had to turn over the connectors... Some of their kits don't have the macthing raised point on the plug that the male connector snaps over, locking it into place.

Former GM Tech.

Daily Drivers:
    2015 Chrysler Town & Country Limited Platinum (RT Platform) rocking with Stow-N-Go
    2007 Chrysler Town & Country Limited (RS Platform) rocking with Stow-N-Go
    1999 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 LT (GMT400)
    2009 Chevrolet Impala SS (LS4)

Garage Queens:
    Main: 2004 Pontiac GTO
    Other: 2006 Cadillac STS-V

Yea i wound up doing 35w with 6k ultra white. Plan on doing the same with the fogs 35w with yellow though... thoughts? not to look like some ricer or anything but ive heard yellow cuts through fog a lot better than the white. Not that we get a lot of fog...but i think it would look different.....

Here is the issue with 6k headlights and 3k fogs. I had 6k in my headlights on the Caddy (upgraded the 4,300k stock D1S bulbs to Phillips 6k D1S), and then had a DDM 3k, 35w initially in my fogs. The two kelvin ratings seem to be fighting one another and I wasn't getting the distance I wanted. It seemed like the 3k fogs were doing a great job, in close and low (as they should), but that bright yellow was washing out the distance from my headlights.

So I swapped out the 3k 35w fogs for 6k 35w and it was infinitely better. The two worked together much better. I may even back it down a bit and go with a spare set of 4,500k for the fogs because the 6k fogs are too "blue" in comparison to the 6k D1S's.

6k D1S headlights, 3k 35w DDM fogs;

6k D1S headlights, 6k 35w DDM fogs

Last edited by CMNTMXR57; 03-25-2014 at 03:48 PM.

Former GM Tech.

Daily Drivers:
    2015 Chrysler Town & Country Limited Platinum (RT Platform) rocking with Stow-N-Go

Garage Queens:

I've had DDM, V-led HIDs, VVME (Jeffs). I have the VVME in my Silverado lows. Had them in the fogs but took them out after they melted my fog housing. Replaced housing and installed Leds. I keep blowing a ballast every year in the goat. I've actually had the same log kit for the past couple of years (believe Vleds) and I've had the same fog kit since the beginning (DDM). When the weather warms up, I'm going to look into my lows. I noticed last year that they were dim. So IDK if the bulbs are going or the ballasts. I've also installed couple dozen kits throughout the years. Have a low and fog kit install for a guy at work in the next week or two, when they get here.
    Appearance: Tint 35%F 20%R, LEDs and HIDs, GTO inlays, Adams, West Coast Speed, MavMan, HSV stripes, Bohnman, Beltronics & TomTom hardwire.
    Mods: Kooks LTs w/ cats, Bassani, DMH, Meziere, Volant, Pedders, BMR, QA1, GForce, BC coilovers, Whiteline, DBA & Hawk, HSRK, Sacchi S32 w/ 245F & 295R.

Fast Motorsports tuned(3-31-12) 381 RWHP, 383 RWTQ
    PB: (6-27-12) 1/4-12.909@110.11, 1/8- 8.411@88.03, 60-2.098
    Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mccH1raM-qg

I've had ddm on my GTP and my gfs cruze. On the GTP they were okay only one ballast went bad. On the cruze they are horrible. Literally everyone of the ballasts has gone bad. Sent them in and paid shipping to get them back and two weeks later the headlights barely turn on. Then two weeks later the fogs don't work. I'll never order DDM again.

Quote Originally Posted by 13RIZZ View Post
    I've had ddm on my GTP and my gfs cruze. On the GTP they were okay only one ballast went bad. On the cruze they are horrible. Literally everyone of the ballasts has gone bad. Sent them in and paid shipping to get them back and two weeks later the headlights barely turn on. Then two weeks later the fogs don't work. I'll never order DDM again.
    Sounds to me that you need a wiring harness in the cruze
    2005 MBM LS2.5 490's rwhp/430's rwtq tuned by AMS assembled by Bohnman's Customs

I'm the guy who does the lights, Radio's, Door Sills, Splitters, Mechanical work on the side
    http://www.bohnmancustoms.com

Can someone share a link to a halogen kit for my 06 goat I am also looking to upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gtokelly View Post
    Can someone share a link to a halogen kit for my 06 goat I am also looking to upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Low = H11
    High = H9
    Fog - 9040

DDM's regular kit. Pick your bulb type (H11), wattage (35w or 55w), kelvin rating (4,300k, 5,000k, 6,000k, etc.. However over 6k you start losing lumen output) ;
    http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W

DDM's "Ultra" kit which uses their better HID bulbs and ballasts, same thing as above pick your bulb type, wattage, kelvin rating
    http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/UltraHIDKit

Notes:
    1) If you get a 55W H11 (low beam) kit, you may want to spend and get the harness they offer. I was able to get by on mine without it.

2) If you get a 55w kit, when selecting your kelvin rating, and lets say you want 6k, you may actually want to get a 5,500k kit @ 55w. The reason being, the extra wattage causes "washout" of some of the coloring. The point I'm trying to say, is that with the extra wattage, you don't need the actual higher kelvin rating. The wattage will get you that.

3) They don't list a 9040 kit for the fog lights anymore. I did them in my fogs too, so at one point they did. However a cheap alternative to get some additional lumen output, is to take a 9006 low beam halogen bulb (that the rest of GM's portfolio uses), and trim the tabs and it'll fit into the fog housing. You can pick up another 200 - 300 lumen per bulb. I had that in mine until I converted to HID.

Former GM Tech.

Daily Drivers:

Garage Queens:

55w, 6k, DDM HID H11 in my drivers side, OEM H11 Halogen in the passenger side;

Former GM Tech.

Daily Drivers:

Garage Queens: