Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by CMNTMXR57 View Post
    So the comedy routine continues. Another guy has his in for this recall. He didn't have the exhaust issue. Rather when they got the tank down, went to remove the pump/sender assembly, the retaining ring broke... They have to order a whole new tank!

This recall is going to cost GM a fortune! The normal level of labor ~4 hours @ 110/hr. The additional two days worth on mine @ $110/hr. A fuel tank on one, which GM lists as a paltry $702.67 on GMPD.com. Only 2,501 STS-V to go...
    They will pay for the additional even if it pays 4 hours? At Honda if it pays 4 hours and it takes me 8 I'm screwed out of 4 hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will only get 4 hours from gm

Certified Dirty Old Man CMNTMXR57's Avatar
    They will pay the 4 hours (I think it's actually 3.75 for the job), as well as the additional time, as long as it is documented as to the trouble and the time needed to repair something that was needed to be completed to cover this recall.

I've been down this road too when I worked for them (I seem to recall some suspension bolts on a box van that I got stuck with one day that snapped and I had to drill/extract them doubling the time. I got paid because it was part of the process of the original repair). If he (the tech), was removing the exhaust out of his own free will, to make it easier, then no.
    Last edited by CMNTMXR57; 09-20-2015 at 08:41 PM.

Former GM Tech.

Daily Drivers:
    2015 Chrysler Town & Country Limited Platinum (RT Platform) rocking with Stow-N-Go
    2007 Chrysler Town & Country Limited (RS Platform) rocking with Stow-N-Go
    1999 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 LT (GMT400)
    2009 Chevrolet Impala SS (LS4)

Garage Queens:
    Main: 2004 Pontiac GTO
    Other: 2006 Cadillac STS-V

friend had a 1.4turbo cruze, sold within one year, car slow af! Great gas mileage though. Traded up for a chrystler 200 4 banger, moar hps, moar comforts, more better car, similar priced to cruze.
    You see there is only one constant. One universal. It is the only real truth. Causality. Action, reaction. Cause and effect.

My GTO Brembo Caliper Bracket Thread http://www.chicagoholdenconnection.c...on-gto-bracket

BBK mounting kits available at http://www.bohnmancustoms.com/

Yea, here's my review on that;

It is a nice little car from an interior and usefulness perspective. Interior is actually pretty nice, seats are actually REALLY nice, nice layout, etc. The car handles pretty nimbly, and is light on it's feet. The short wheelbase make for tight turning radius's which overall helps manuverability. Brake are touchy, and with the bigger wheels/tires, it overall wasn't bad. On my way to/from the dealership with it, I tackled McGough Rd. outside Sycamore. One of my favs for around here, as it has multiple 90* switchbacks, and I was able to carry nearly as much speed with it through those curves as I can in either the GTO or Caddy. But make no doubt about it, it was just a steering/handling thing nothing more. The car can't carry as much speed into the curves since you don't have the braking ability like the other two, you can't drive it with the throttle like the other two, and you certainly can't use the surge of power coming from the LS1 or the LC3 like in either the GTO or V, out of the corner.

Where this car falls flat is on acceleration. I Got into a drag race at Stearns and 25/dunham (where you merge from two back into one lane), the other morning coming into work against a ford escape (yea, I know...), and I just don't get how a car can be so "flat" in terms of acceleration. I'm not just talking slow, rather just absolutely gutless. I brake torqued it to get some RPM's up, light went green, I launched it... SPLAT!!! Nothing! 10... 20... 30, 40, 50... It wasn't until I wound it up that I was able to squeeze anything out of it. I get that it is a mileage focused vehicle. But as much as acceleration wastes fuel, one can use it as a safety means too. And this thing not being able to get out of it's own shadow, makes it dangerous.

But speaking of hypermiling, I did squeak 46 EMM PEE GEE's out of it "Cruze'ing" back to DeKalb with it.

Former GM Tech.

Daily Drivers:
    2015 Chrysler Town & Country Limited Platinum (RT Platform) rocking with Stow-N-Go

Garage Queens:

Throwing premium in it made a big difference. Car is tuned lean af from factory too.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    You see there is only one constant. One universal. It is the only real truth. Causality. Action, reaction. Cause and effect.

My GTO Brembo Caliper Bracket Thread http://www.chicagoholdenconnection.c...on-gto-bracket

I here that with the EcoTec's (the Solstice and Cobalt guys I talk to), but being a rental, I only wanted to fill it to where I needed to once and wasn't gonna spend for premium.

Former GM Tech.

Daily Drivers:

Garage Queens:

For a renatl i guess the car is ok, my buddy had a 6speed ao got aome oomph out of 1-2nd, 3-6 dead. I looked into this car amongst many others while looking at econoboxes and things like old school pop locks pissed me off as thats shiddy 90s american car ergonomics (cant rest hand on top of door). Hyundai elantra or kia forte seemed to trump all others in the segment with most standard features and ample ergonomics

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Yea, overall, it was a nice car. If I wasn't a performance person, just needed a shuttle and needed decent fuel economy... It was overall nice. It also have SiriusXM, so I get to enjoy the 80's on 8 while I had it. I gave up my Sirius long ago, being as though I'm only in the car 15 minutes each way. It just wasn't worth it.

It also had a switchblade key/keyfob which was nice.

Former GM Tech.

Daily Drivers:

Garage Queens: