Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Near Afton Wisconsin 53501, South of Janesville

The Bronze Brick ???

Good Morning Guys & Gals: Went to a small local car show yesterday, like usual you meet people you could jaw bone with all day & then the every once in a while you just gotta walk way. Anyway I was instigating guys to show up at Byron the 24th, got a few maybe's. And I possibly found a tuner up in Madison that had some good words said about him. So this winter I'll start a thread about the possibility of tweaking my computer, looking for reinforcement & info. So I can talk intelligently (hell I can't even spell that word) about program mods. Like so many here, the affliction runs deep with me. This local guy (younger than me, he's 66) that has a late SS MC (86-87) with a 383 SB, funny gas & 4.11 gear. He thinks it will run 9's (????) so I challenged him to a race for a beer (my usual). He wanted to go out on some local road & have at it. Unaware that just three miles West of my place is the best road around, down through the marsh a two mile straight, no farms or cross roads. But can't I believe I said this, " meet me at Byron the 24th", I never turn down a good street race. But he can't drive his car that far, it would take too much gas! But his car is fast, just ask him. He could beat me easy (?) as the ol'e Bronze Brick will only turn a mid 12, its a slug. So it's highly likely I'll be taking the Malibu & he won't show. The up side, I won't have to buy him a beer, just one for myself? I sure would like to run him with his funny gas turned OFF. Weather & life permitting, I'll be their, Bob Jr.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by vanrah View Post
    Good Morning Mr. GoatGetter, Junk & all; I'm curious GoatGetter, what changes have you made that pushed you to that 12.9? I had promised myself not to hot rod the GuTOo, but that is a near impossible promise to keep. And I just hate not being as quick as any NA (naturally aspirated) new car. I'm falling behind the curve again. With the Bronze Brick I was able to stay ahead of that quicker than a new car from 1979 until around the late 90's. So what year did mass produced factory hot rods finely get into the 12 second & below area? On a another note, & this won't be popular. I learned the hard way (don't we all) not to modify factory halo (low production) cars. As my L-78 Camaro that I paid $3150 new for would be worth around $50,000 to $100,000 today, silly kid. But did I have FUN? You bet I did. So on the other side of the coin (one of my favorites), would you forgo not having sex with your gal so she would be in pristine condition in the future?? Some times I feel sorry for the guys have Fun (super) cars & don't use them. And now I'm falling into that very group? Bob Jr.
    Ps I added a few pictures of current choices & one of the BO GuTOo I had put down that day. I under stand that Mr. BO has got his computer fixed & the car is quick now?
    Bob, I apologize for taking so long to reply. My car is bit a of mystery and was originally pro-charged. Currently in the condition I bought it, theres a mild cam of unknown spec, 42 ft/lbs injector, long tubes, aftermarket mids & Corsa cat-back. The current set-up runs pretty strong when taching up over 3 grand and is street friendly. Both your vehicles look very nice. Which one are you bringing to the track on the 24th? Far as when attainable performace cars starting running into the 12's right off the production line? I would say the LS1 Camaro SS's & Firebird WS6's were the ones that made that happen in the modern era. I can remember reading a copy of "Mustangs & Fast Fords", were the editors were testing a stock SS that was getting into the 12's repeatively; much to their obvious dismay

Quote Originally Posted by DoUSail2 View Post
    Put me and my son Shawn down for Byron on Sat Oct 24. Just installed the 3.27 Camaro Diff in mine last Saturday and need to see what kind of improvement it makes. And of course it will be the first time to the track with my son's stroker build, that one is going to be nasty. Can't wait to see his times because that car is like a catapult compared to mine based on some of the pulls we did on the tours at Pontiac Adventures and my car runs pretty good. I'm suspecting low 11's for his and very low 12's for mine.
    Nice! Can we get a list going.. Who else is up for going to Byron on the 24th? I already have a few people lined up from where I work and I'm looking forward to putting the smack down on couple WRX's and hopely a 5th gen Camaro SS

Weather is looking better for the 24th??

Greetings Guys & Gals; I was watching the long range weather forecast. This week end is going to be colder & maybe wet into early next week. But we should see some warming after the 20th, so I'm thinking (warning - warning) the better week end will be the 24th? So I'm making arrangements to get the Bronze Brick out of storage next week if the long range weather forecast becomes fact.
    Just for the sake of conversation, my son purchased a 1999 Fire Hawk, Ls-1 of course (327 HP?) & if memory serves he ran a 13.8 bone stock. This took place back in 2000-01, & yes I did blow his doors off by a full second, as I ran a 12.8. It ain't easy to beat the ol'e man as I also put a hole shot on him. Go ahead make a list, I'm a go if the weather is good. Bob Jr.
    PS: If I get (make) time I'll post over on the LS1 GTO site & see if we can get any more interest.

Well, that depends on your definition of better weather...

Colder weather generally means faster times. I show it being 58 and sunny on Sunday, which should mean really fast!

I can't make the 24th, but barring something unexpected I will be there this Sunday the 18th!

Last time I was there I ran 9.87 with the tires rubbing, so I am expecting better times Sunday!

A Real "ROCKET 98"

Greetings Mr. Marble_Sharp & all; Quote, "Well, that depends on your definition of better weather", Well said Mr. Sharp. I was only thinking of my comfort, I generally don't go the the strip if the temps are above 90 or under 60. Neglecting what my cylinder combustion process prefers. And that Rocket of yours qualifies as a Real ROCKET 98 if GM doesn't mind me stealing their Oldsmobile name sake. I sure wish you were standing next to me last Sunday, as I had to listen to that LMA (late middle aged) guy tell me his 3500 lb MC SS 383 SB will run 9's. And he has NO ET slips, only in his mind. Car shows, the next best event after a day at the track. I'm still a strong maybe for the 24th as I've made plans to get the Bronze Brick out of storage next week. I still have to drive under 10 MPH on my road as the loose stones stick to my soft tires. Note to self, don't live on tared & stoned road with tires that are softer than 200 UTQG (wear rating). I'm looking forward to a Saturday of Fun as I haven't driven the Brick since mid July & the GuTOo very little (stones & dust). Note to OP of this thread, please make that list that was mentioned. No interest over on the LS-1 GTO site as of yesterday. Bob Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by vanrah View Post
    Greetings Mr. Marble_Sharp & all; Quote, "Well, that depends on your definition of better weather", Well said Mr. Sharp. I was only thinking of my comfort, I generally don't go the the strip if the temps are above 90 or under 60. Neglecting what my cylinder combustion process prefers. And that Rocket of yours qualifies as a Real ROCKET 98 if GM doesn't mind me stealing their Oldsmobile name sake. I sure wish you were standing next to me last Sunday, as I had to listen to that LMA (late middle aged) guy tell me his 3500 lb MC SS 383 SB will run 9's. And he has NO ET slips, only in his mind. Car shows, the next best event after a day at the track. I'm still a strong maybe for the 24th as I've made plans to get the Bronze Brick out of storage next week. I still have to drive under 10 MPH on my road as the loose stones stick to my soft tires. Note to self, don't live on tared & stoned road with tires that are softer than 200 UTQG (wear rating). I'm looking forward to a Saturday of Fun as I haven't driven the Brick since mid July & the GuTOo very little (stones & dust). Note to OP of this thread, please make that list that was mentioned. No interest over on the LS-1 GTO site as of yesterday. Bob Jr.
    Best of luck to you on the 24th!

Official list for drag-strip outing at Bryon Raceway Oct. 24th, 11 am, (track opens for racing at 10 am)

1 DoUSail2
    2 Vanrah (Bob Jr.)
    3 GoatGetter

Who's next?

Official list for drag-strip outing at Bryon Raceway Oct. 24th, 11 am, (track opens for racing at 10 am)

1 DoUSail2
    2 Vanrah (Bob Jr.)
    3 GoatGetter

Who's next?

My Son GTEnvy
    Ken's 2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT Pacific Slate Metallic - Premium Package
    Kook's 1 3/4 LT headers, high flow Cats and 3" X-pipe, Aeroforce & PLX WB O2 guages,
    Rotofab CAI, Rick C Cam/valves/manifold/TB/tune, milled heads, BTR Valve train and
    Lots of other little appearance mods. 12.27 @ 114.6 with DA of 561 and 1.92 60 ft.
    77 LeMans Can Am (Sold after 25 years)
    2001 WS6 Trans Am M6 (Traded for G8)