Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by CMNTMXR57 View Post
    And think of all the historical items you lose. Imagine if LS1GTO, the G8Board or SSForums all went facebook. Think of all the archives of technical data that would be lost. We may not have a lot of that here, but there is a history. Facebook can't handle that. Facebook isn't easier to use either. I find it a nightmare to try to navigate when I look stuff up (companies that use it for a front facing portal, then if you want more detail, it links you back to their main website... Well, why not just cut the middle man out, and go directly to their website to begin with~). The layout isn't nice. It's all "vertical" and text is all wrapped shorter than a message forum layout. The structure of a message forum is also easier to navigate overall.
    I agree I just referenced the steering braided line post the other week on LS1GTO.

How do you think we can keep our site alive without excluding only those that use FB? For me, FB is more convenient with notifications, and such to find out about meets or where people are at.

Anytime a user posts on our Facebook page immediately I get a notification, which is not the case on the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2004 PBM M6 GTO 398rwhp 388rwtq

Kooks, MGW-P, Borla, Monster LVL2, 243 heads, Custom flowtech cam, VMR V710, FAST 36lb Injectors, PPTB, Svede, Gforce, Melling, Morel, COMP, DMH.

Built by me

I just found my Password LMAO
    2005 MBM LS2.5 490's rwhp/430's rwtq tuned by AMS assembled by Bohnman's Customs

I'm the guy who does the lights, Radio's, Door Sills, Splitters, Mechanical work on the side
    http://www.bohnmancustoms.com

Certified Dirty Old Man CMNTMXR57's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dcarino_04 View Post
    I agree I just referenced the steering braided line post the other week on LS1GTO.

How do you think we can keep our site alive without excluding only those that use FB? For me, FB is more convenient with notifications, and such to find out about meets or where people are at.

Anytime a user posts on our Facebook page immediately I get a notification, which is not the case on the board.

If you have a thread of interest, you can subscribe to it and it will notify you when someone posts to it. It is down in the additional options section below your post as you're typing it out.

Former GM Tech.

Daily Drivers:
    2015 Chrysler Town & Country Limited Platinum (RT Platform) rocking with Stow-N-Go
    2007 Chrysler Town & Country Limited (RS Platform) rocking with Stow-N-Go
    1999 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 LT (GMT400)
    2009 Chevrolet Impala SS (LS4)

Garage Queens:
    Main: 2004 Pontiac GTO
    Other: 2006 Cadillac STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by CMNTMXR57 View Post
    If you have a thread of interest, you can subscribe to it and it will notify you when someone posts to it. It is down in the additional options section below your post as you're typing it out.
    Oh of course I have subbed to the ones I am interested in. What about new posts?

2004 PBM M6 GTO 398rwhp 388rwtq

Kooks, MGW-P, Borla, Monster LVL2, 243 heads, Custom flowtech cam, VMR V710, FAST 36lb Injectors, PPTB, Svede, Gforce, Melling, Morel, COMP, DMH.

Built by me