Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Banner

Certified Dirty Old Man CMNTMXR57's Avatar
    about damn time you slackers! I kid, I kid!

Former GM Tech.

Daily Drivers:
    2015 Chrysler Town & Country Limited Platinum (RT Platform) rocking with Stow-N-Go
    2007 Chrysler Town & Country Limited (RS Platform) rocking with Stow-N-Go
    1999 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 LT (GMT400)
    2009 Chevrolet Impala SS (LS4)

Garage Queens:
    Main: 2004 Pontiac GTO
    Other: 2006 Cadillac STS-V

get that F'in pig mobile off there!

2005 MBM SAP M6 - 454rwhp/432rwtq
    2007 AWD TBSS - 1,000,000 awdhp

LOL! I don't know why but I like pig mobiles. Can't always say the same for the occupants.

Gone

Same here. I've always loved police cars.

Former GM Tech.

Daily Drivers:
    2015 Chrysler Town & Country Limited Platinum (RT Platform) rocking with Stow-N-Go

Garage Queens:

Back seats have no leg room
    2005 MBM LS2.5 490's rwhp/430's rwtq tuned by AMS assembled by Bohnman's Customs

I'm the guy who does the lights, Radio's, Door Sills, Splitters, Mechanical work on the side
    http://www.bohnmancustoms.com

Not on those PPV's, even with the partition! Those PPV's are like a 1972 Cadillac Sedan DeVille where you can pretty much lay down while in your seat (not across the bench) because there is soo much legroom.

Former GM Tech.

Daily Drivers:

Garage Queens:

Thumbs up
    04 Pontiac GTO M6 | 12 Infiniti M35h | 03 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Limited

Call me John and find me on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Untappd, Strava as EmersonHart13

Quote Originally Posted by CMNTMXR57 View Post
    Not on those PPV's, even with the partition! Those PPV's are like a 1972 Cadillac Sedan DeVille where you can pretty much lay down while in your seat (not across the bench) because there is soo much legroom.
    Not in the one they had at the auto show... I mean it was a taurus, but there was zero room in the back. Partition went to like 1/3 point of the back window. Like trying to sit in the back seat of a mustang.

2005 MBM SAP M6 - 454rwhp/432rwtq
    2007 AWD TBSS - 1,000,000 awdhp

That's a Taurus, err, "Interceptor" as you're supposed to call it. The Caprice PPV is a longer G8. IT's additional length is in the wheelbase, and can be easily seen in the backseat area.

It gets a 3.7-inch stretch between its axles, which gives scofflaws plenty of room to luxuriate—at 112 cubic feet, it’s bigger inside than either the Ford Taurus–based Interceptor or the Charger cop cars. And even though it employs a unibody rather than the easy-fixing construction of the Crown Vic, fleet managers will love concessions to swapability such as the bolted rather than welded front crossmember.
    Unfortunately, though, the rear is so roomy and the tumblehome so slight that cops will really have to work to slam a perp’s head into the roof. Here’s hoping that the partition will facilitate this important aspect of police work.
    But C&D's overall review of the car;
    A moment behind the wheel is enough to recognize this as the car born in Australia as a Holden and sent here as the last great Pontiac. The leather-lined cabin may be gone, but what we loved about it before is still here. The ergonomic relationships—pedals, wheel, minor controls—are first-rate, and visibility out is quite good despite the cricket bats posing as A-pillars. Its real appeal, though, is its dynamic integrity, its virtuous and controllable rear-wheel-drive behavior, its quiet and stiff structure. The steering is linear and uncorrupted by power; the heavy-duty brakes are stout and fade-free (even if the cop tires conspire to keep stopping distances at 175 feet); and the spring-stiffened Caprice still loves to get its long wheelbase sideways.
    In acceleration tests, the PPV mirrors the G8 GT very closely. It’s off by just a tenth of a second to 60 mph and in the quarter-mile, where it posts 5.3 and 13.9 at 103 mph, respectively. In braking, the Pontiac, shod with Bridgestone Potenza RE050As, beat the PPV  by a significant 12 feet from 70 mph, even though lateral grip is equivalent at 0.84 g. So, if you were to drive, say, a ­Mustang V-6, a Caprice might take you at the line, but you would beat it through corners. This information may prove either helpful or extremely ruinous.
    Still, you might wonder why we’re reviewing a car most of us will experience only from the back seat. It’s because this cruiser is a stalking-horse for Chevy’s next rear-wheel-drive sedan, which will wear civilian duds. It will be based on a new version of the Caprice’s Zeta platform, and it will be called Super­ Sport. It will also be the inspiration for the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup racer.  And, irony of ironies, there will be a cop version, too
    Last edited by CMNTMXR57; 02-19-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Former GM Tech.

Daily Drivers:

Garage Queens:

wonder what a race would be like between a G8 GT and a Tarus SHO
    2005 MBM LS2.5 490's rwhp/430's rwtq tuned by AMS assembled by Bohnman's Customs

I'm the guy who does the lights, Radio's, Door Sills, Splitters, Mechanical work on the side
    http://www.bohnmancustoms.com